Fort Dallas (1836-1870) - A U.S. military post established in 1836 during the Second Seminole War by Navy Lieutenant Levin M. Powell in present day Miami, Dade County, Florida. The post was named for Navy Commodore Alexander J. Dallas. The post occupied three different locations before it was abandoned in 1870.
Part of Lummus City Park, Miami, Dade County, Florida
Location: Lummus City Park, 404 NW 3rd Street, Miami, Dade County, Florida.
Maps & Images
Lat: 25.7762185 Long: -80.2019173
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 161-162
Fort Dallas Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!