Fort Colorado (1836-1838) - A Texas Ranger post built in the fall of 1836 by Colonel Robert M. Coleman. One of a string of defensive posts built by the Republic of Texas. Also known as Camp Coleman, Fort Coleman, Coleman's Fort, Fort Houston.
Fort Colorado History
A Republic of Texas defensive post built in the fall of 1836 by Colonel Robert M. Coleman and manned by Texas Rangers. The fort consisted of two blockhouses and a number of cabins enclosed within a stockade.
Marked only by a State Historical Marker located in the 5200 block of Martin Luther king Jr. Blvd. between Old Fort Hill Drive and Russet Hill Drive.
Visited: 9 Nov 2011