Fort Clarke (1)
Fort Clarke (1) (1836-1861) - A U.S. Army post established in 1836 during the Second Seminole War in present day Alachua County, Florida. Named for Lieutenant Henry Clarke, 5th U.S. Infantry. Abandoned in 1840 but reoccupied in 1861 during the U.S. Civil War.
Private property, Alachua County, Florida. Marker located in front of Greater Fort Clarke Missionary Baptist Church at the intersection of West Newbury Road and NW 91st Street, Gainesville, Florida.
Visited: 26 Jan 2012