Fort Casey (2)
|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Casey (2) (1850-1850) - A temporary U.S. Army post established in 1850 during the Second Seminole War in Lee County, Florida. Named for Captain John C. Casey, (Cullum 551), Commissioner for the Removal of the Seminole Indians from Florida. Abandoned in 1850.
Fort Casey (2) History
A temporary U.S. Army post established 3 Jan 1850 during the Second Seminole War and abandoned on 13 Dec 1850.
No remains in Lee County, Florida
Location: East-central side of Cayo Costa Island at Charlotte Harbor, Lee County, Florida. Map point is approximate.
Maps & Images
Lat: 26.669517 Long: -82.246484
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 156
Fort Casey (2) Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!