|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Capron History
A U.S. Army post established in March 1850 by Captain Erastus A. Capron, 1st U.S. Artillery to replace old Fort Pierce. The post was one of the last Seminole War forts abandoned. The last fort commander, Captain Abner Doubleday, evacuated the post on 14 Jun 1858.
Unknown, St. Lucie, St. Lucie County, Florida
Location: St. Lucie, St. Lucie County, Florida.
Maps & Images
Lat: 27.4669827 Long: -80.3331058
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 154
Fort Capron Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!