Fort Campbell (2)
Fort Campbell (2) (1862-1865) - A Confederate U.S. Civil War Fort (Battery) established in 1862 on Oak Island in Brunswick County, North Carolina. Abandoned and destroyed in 1865.
History of Fort Campbell
Fort Campbell was established as an outwork of Confederate Fort Caswell about 1862 during the U.S. Civil War. The Fort (Battery) was armed with 18 guns and had a large bomb-proof magazine. Located about where the remains of Fort Caswell's Battery Shipp are now located. The fort was abandoned and destroyed 16 Jan 1865 after the fall of Fort Fisher.