Fort Cagle (1855-1856) - A Washington Indian War settler Fort & refuge established in 1855 near Castle Rock, Cowlitz County, Washington. Named Fort Cagle after the builder William Cagle. Abandoned as a fortification in 1856.
Established in 1855 by William Cagle as a fortified refuge during the Washington Indian Wars. The fort was located near Delameter Creek (now the location of a house at 155 Delameter Lane) on the west side of the Cowlitz River. William (1803-1876) and Hannah (1811-1920) Cagle had followed the Oregon Trail and settled in Washington in 1853.
Abandoned as a fortification in 1856.