Camp Willow Grove
Camp Willow Grove History
The post was established on 23 Aug 1867 by 1st Lt. Levi H. Robinson and 62 men from Company E, 14th U.S. Infantry. The temporary post provided protection and operations along the Hardyville-Prescott Toll Road against hostile Hualapai Indians. The post was abandoned on 12 Oct 1869 as the conflict wound down after the Battle of Cherum Peak.
Private property in Mohave County, Arizona. Some ruins remain. The site of an archeological dig.