Camp Williston

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Camp Williston (1941-1944) - A U.S. Army Military Police Camp established in 1941 as Camp Sibert during World War II in Boulder City, Clark County, Nevada. Renamed Camp Williston in G.O. 47, 21 Sep 1942, after Brigadier General Edward B. Williston, recipient of the Medal of Honor during the U.S. Civil War. Abandoned in 1944.

Boulder City High School on Site of Camp Williston
LDS Church on the Site of Camp Williston
Abandoned Camp Williston in 1946

World War II (1941-1945)

Originally named Camp Siebert but, when that name confliced with an existing Camp Sibert in Alabama, the name was changed to Camp Williston. The post was established just before the beginning of World War II to provide MP training and protection for Boulder Dam facilities and local industries. The post was garrisoned by some 800 military police and support troops.

The U.S. Army abandoned Camp Williston in 1944 after the troops departed on 9 Mar 1944 for Fort Custer (2), Michigan. The Camp was put up for sale in October 1944 and the buildings were eventually sold and moved away.

Current Status

No remains of the camp. Boulder City, Clark County, Nevada.


Location: Boulder City, Clark County, Nevada.

Maps & Images

Lat: 35.97356 Long: -114.83206

Sources:


Links:

Visited: 4 Feb 2013


Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox