Camp Watson (1864-1869) - Established 18 May 1864 by Company G, 1st Oregon Volunteer Cavalry in Wheeler County, Oregon. Named after 2nd Lt. Stephen Watson who was killed in action against hostile Snake Indians. Abandoned 1869.
Camp Watson History
The camp reportedly had a 15' high stockade with twelve enlisted log cabins on the north side and four officer's log cabins on the south side. The west side contained a small map house, a hospital, a guardhouse, a commissary and a storehouse. The east side had three corals and the stables. A large meadow was used as a parade ground.
Little remains and the 1932 marker is missing.