Camp Merritt (1)
Camp Merritt (1) (1898-1898) - Established in 1898 as an embarkation camp for the Philippine theater during the Spanish-American War. Located in San Francisco, San Francisco County, California. Named for Gen. Wesley Merritt (Cullum 1868) commanding officer of the Philippine expeditionary forces and of VIII Corps. Abandoned in 1898.
Private Property, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California.