Camp Lincoln (1)

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Camp Lincoln (1) (1864-1864) - Established 15 Mar 1864 by Lt. James A. Waymire, 1st Oregon Volunteer Cavalry, and named for President Abraham Lincoln. Abandoned 1 May 1864. Also known as Camp on the South Fork of John Day's River.

Camp Lincoln (1) History

Camp Lincoln was set up to be a supply depot and to protect the Dalles-Fort Boise Military Road.

Current Status

Unknown

Location: Near Dayville, Grant County, Oregon. Map point is approximate.

Maps & Images

Lat: 44.44990 Long: -119.51780

See Also:

Sources:

Links:

Visited: No

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox