Camp Elliff (1855-1856) - Established during the Rogue River Indian War of 1855-1856 by Captain Laban Buoy and a detachment of Company B, 2nd Oregon Mounted Volunteers. Also known as Camp Eliff and Fort Elliff.
Camp Elliff History
Established to keep Cow Creek Road open. Camp Elliff had no permanent structures and was abandoned in late 1856.
Douglas County, Oregon
Location: Douglas County, Oregon, where the old Pacific Highway reaches the Cow Creek Valley. Map location approximate.
Maps & Images
Lat: 42.798959 Long: -123.249822
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, page 146
- Oregon Military History, Forts-Camps-Roads