Camp Dyea (1898-1899) - A U.S. Army Camp established in 1898 during the Alaska Gold Rush by elements of the 14th U.S. Infantry in present day Dyea, Skagway Borough, Alaska. Destroyed by fire and abandoned in 1899. Also referred to as Camp at Lynn Canal.
Camp Dyea History
Established by a battalion of companies B & H of the 14th U.S. Infantry under the command of Colonel Thomas M. Anderson on 8 Mar 1898.
Destroyed by fire and abandoned 28 Jul 1899.
Camp Dyea Partial Commanders List (edit list)
||Yeatman, Richard Thompson
|Dates are formatted in yyyy-mm-dd to sort correctly.|
The Cullum Number is the graduation order from the United States Military Academy by year and class rank and links to a page for the officer on the website version of the Cullum Register. Listings without a Cullum Number indicate that the person was not a graduate of the United States Military Academy.
Part of Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park (Skagway Unit), Dyea, Skagway Borough, Alaska.
USGS Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) Database Entry: 1421583
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 21