Camp Disappointment (1806-1806) - A Lewis and Clark Expedition Corps of Discovery post established in 1806 during the return trip by Meriwether Lewis in present day Glacier County, Montana. Abandoned in 1806.
Established 22 Jul 1806 by Meriwether Lewis on the return trip of the Lewis & Clark Corps of Discovery. This post was the northern most camp of the expedition, built by Meriwether Lewis while he was exploring for the headwaters of the Marias River. Lewis found the headwaters of the Marias and headed up the north branch of the Cut Bank River (Creek) but stopped when he determined that it did not reach the 50th parallel. He named his camp, Camp Disappointment. The camp was abandoned on 26 Jul 1806.
A roadside marker along U.S. 2 near Cut Bank, Glacier County, Montana. The road by the marker leads to the site and a monument.