Camp Curry (1865-1866) - Established in Aug 1865 and named after Colonel George B. Currey. Abandoned May 1866. Also known as Camp Currey.
Camp Curry History
Camp Curry had about forty 10' by 12' hewn log cabins and a cellar or storehouse dug into a hillside. It was occupied by units from the 4th California Infantry, 1st Washington Territorial Infantry, 1st Oregon Infantry and the 14th U.S. Infantry.
On private property.
- Hart, Herbert M., Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, Pruett Publishing Co., Boulder CO, 1980, ISBN 0-87108-568-2, page 133
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, page 145
- Oregon Military History, Forts-Camps-Roads