Camp Chehalis (1860-1861) - A U.S. Army Camp established in 1860 by Captain Maurice Maloney, 4th U.S. Infantry, near present day Westport, Grays Harbor County, Washington. Abandoned in 1861. Also known as Fort Chehalis.
Camp Chehalis History
A temporary U.S. Army Camp established by Captain Maurice Maloney, 4th U.S. Infantry, on 11 Feb 1860 near the mouth of the Chehalis River. The post was initially established to provide protections for settlers and later reoccupied to protect the Indian Agent while the Indian agency was being built.
No remains near Westport, Grays Harbor County, Washington.