Camp Barlow (1862-1862) - Established in Feb 1862 as a Union recruiting depot during the U.S. Civil War. Appears to have been named for the landowner, William Barlow. Four companies were recruited and stationed at the camp until they were moved to Camp Clackamas in Jun 1862.
- Hart, Herbert M., Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, Pruett Publishing Co., Boulder CO, 1980, ISBN 0-87108-568-2, page 132
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, page 141
- Oregon Military History, Forts-Camps-Roads
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 663
Visited: 10 Nov 2007