Camp Alden (1853-1853) - Established early in 1853 by General Joseph Lane after the battle of Evans Creek, 24 Aug 1853. Named after Captain Bradford R. Alden (Cullum 653), 4th U.S. Infantry, who was wounded in that battle. The camp was abandoned after a few weeks in favor of Fort Lane (1).
- Hart, Herbert M., Tour Guide to Old Western Forts, Pruett Publishing Co., Boulder CO, 1980, ISBN 0-87108-568-2, page 132
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, page 140
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 661