Black Rock Battery
Black Rock Battery (1893-1956) - Black Rock Battery was a Canadian reinforced concrete 12-pounder inch coastal gun battery on CFB Esquimalt, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Deactivated in 1956.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Victoria and Esquimalt Harbors.
A coastal gun battery with two 12-pounder Quick Fire (QF) MK1 AMTB guns. The original guns were sent to Golf Hill Battery in 1940. Guns were replaced with other 12-pounders soon after. In 1956 the battery was incorporated into naval gunnery school and one emplacement converted to a naval 3" naval turret.
The 3" naval gun turret appears to be still in place.