Battery 155 - Point Judith
Battery 155 - Point Judith (1942-1943) - Battery 155 - Point Judith was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located on Fort Greene (2), Washington County, Rhode Island. Battery construction started 15 Jun 1942, was completed 25 Aug 1942 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 29 Aug 1942 at a cost of $ 11,750. Deactivated in 1943.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Narragansett Bay.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with four 155mm rapid fire guns mounted on mobile marriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
No remains and no period guns or carriages in place.
Visited: 1 Jun 2012