Battery 155 - Fort Ruger
Battery 155 - Fort Ruger (1937-194?) - Battery Fort Ruger was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located on Fort Ruger, Honolulu County, Hawaii. Battery construction started 8 Feb 1937, was completed 10 May 1937 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 2 Sep 1937 at a cost of $ 7,282.34. Deactivated in 194?.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Honolulu.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with four 155mm 1918 guns mounted on 1918 mobile marriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
No remains and no period guns or carriages in place.