Battery 155 - Fort Rodman
Battery 155 - Fort Rodman (1938-1945) - Battery 155 - Fort Rodman was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts located on Fort Rodman, Bristol County, Massachusetts. Battery construction was completed and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use in 1938. Deactivated in 1945.
Part of the Harbor Defense of New Bedford.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1918M1 rapid fire guns mounted on M1918 Mobile Carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
No period guns or mounts in place.