Battery 155 - Biddeford Pool
Battery 155 - Biddeford Pool (1942-1945) - Battery 155 - Biddeford Pool was a temporary, World War II, 155mm coastal gun battery on Panama mounts. Located on Biddeford Pool Military Reservation, Fletcher Neck, York County, Maine. Battery construction started in 1942, was completed in 1942 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use in 1942. Deactivated in 1945.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Portland, Maine.
Originally built as a temporary World War II coastal gun battery with two 155mm M1917/18 rapid fire guns mounted on M1917/18 Mobile Carriages emplaced on circular Panama mounts.
No period guns or mounts in place. Three Panama mounts are visible.