9th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
9th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and Mustered into the service of the United States at Mount Gretna, Pa., May 11 to July 12, 1898, with 41 officers and 623 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, May 20
- Left Mount Gretna May 17; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 20
- Left Chickamauga August 25; arrived at Lexington, Ky., August 27
- Left Lexington September 18; arrived at Wilkesbarre, Pa., September 19
- Furloughed for thirty days September 20
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Wilkesbarre, Pittstown, Parsons, Reading, Plymouth, Bethlehem, Summit Hill, and Towanda,. Pa., October 29, 1898, with 46 officers and 224 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 3. Enlisted men-died of disease, 24.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581