8th New York Volunteer Infantry
8th New York Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Peekskill, N. Y., May 14 to 19, 1898, with 49 officers and 976 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, Third Army Corps, May 25
- Left Peekskill May 23; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 25
- Left Chickamauga September 6; arrived at New York City September 8
- Furloughed for thirty days October 1
Mustered out of the service of the United States at New York City November 3, 1898, with 47 officers and 1,237 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 21; deserted, 25.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581