6th Virginia Volunteer Infantry
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, September 13
- Arrived at Knoxville, Tenn., September 13
- Left Knoxville November 18; arrived at Macon, Ga., November 19, 1898
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Macon, Ga., January 26 and 28, 1899, with 28 officers and 804 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 2; murdered, 2; deserted, 3.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581