6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Columbus, Ohio, May 12 and July 2, 1898, with 46 officers and 874 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps
- Left Columbus May 18; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 20
- Left Chickamauga August 27; arrived at Knoxville. Tenn., August 28
- Left Knoxville December 28; arrived at Charleston, S. C., December 29
- Sailed from Charleston on steamship "Minnewaska" December 30; arrived at Cienfuegos, Cuba, January 3
- Stationed at Santa Clara, Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus, Sagua la Grande, and Cienfuegos, Department of Santa Clara, until April 21, 1899.
- Sailed from Cienfuegos on steamship "Sedgwick" April 21; arrived at Savannah quarantine April 26, and at Savannah, Ga., May 2
- Moved to Augusta May 3
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Augusta, Ga., May 24, 1899, with 46 officers and 1,055 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 24; deserted, 5.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581