52nd Iowa Volunteer Infantry
52nd Iowa Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Des Moines May 25, 1898, with 50 officers and 822 enlisted men.
- assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 31
- Left Des Moines May 28; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 31
- Left Chickamauga August 28; arrived at Des Moines August 30
- Furloughed for thirty days September 12
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Des Moines October 30,1898, with 49 officers and 1,235 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 35; deserted, 1.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581