50th Iowa Volunteer Infantry
50th Iowa Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Des Moines May 17 and 18, 1898, with 50 officers and 751 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Seventh Army Corps
- Left Des Moines May 21; arrived at Jacksonville, Fla., May 24
- Left Jacksonville September 13, arrived at Des Moines September 17
- Furloughed for thirty days September 20
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Des Moines, Iowa, November 30, 1898, with 48 officers and 1,223 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 32; deserted, 2.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581