3rd Virginia Volunteer Infantry
3rd Virginia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Richmond, Va., May 13 to 26, 1898, with 46 officers and 955 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, Second Army Corps, June 5
- Transferred to Second Brigade, Third Division, Second Army Corps, August 2
- Left Richmond June 5; arrived at Camp Alger, Virginia, same date
- Left Camp Alger September 7; arrived at Richmond September 8
- Furloughed for thirty days September 9
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Richmond, Va;, November 5, 1898, with 46 officers and 1,222 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease; 12; suicide, 1.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581