3rd Tennessee Volunteer Infantry
3rd Tennessee Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Nashville, Tenn., May 18 to 23, 1898, with 46 officers and 948 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, Third-Army Corps, May 24
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, September 6
- Left Nashville May 24; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 24
- Left Chickamauga September 5; arrived at Anniston, Ala., September 6
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Anniston, Ala., January 31, 1899, with 47 officers and 1,152 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 18; suicide, 1; deserted,73.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581