3rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry
3rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and Mustered into the service of the United States at Columbus, Ohio, May 10 to June 30, with 43 officers and 913 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps, May 23
- Transferred to Second Brigade, Third Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 11
- Left Columbus May 18; arrived at Tampa, Fla., May 23
- Left Tampa July 25; arrived at Fernandina, Fla., July 26
- Left Fernandina August 29; arrived at Huntsville, Ala., 31
- Left Huntsville September 14; arrived at Columbus, Ohio, September 15
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Columbus, Ohio, October 26, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,246 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease,2. Enlisted men-died of disease, 8.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581