3rd Mississippi Volunteer Infantry
3rd Mississippi Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into service of the United States at Jackson, Miss., July 22 to August 4, 1898, with 18 officers and 616 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, September 15
- assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, November 16
- Transferred to Second Separate Brigade, Second Army Corps, January 16, 1899
- Left Jackson September 13; arrived at Lexington, Ky., September 15
- Left Lexington November 14; arrived at Albany, Ga., November 16
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Albany, Ga., March 17, 1899, with 24 officers and 491 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 7; deserted, 35.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581