31st Michigan Volunteer Infantry
31st Michigan Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Island Lake, Mich., May 8 to 11, 1898, with 47 officers and 978 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, May 17
- Left Island Lake May 15; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 17
- Left Chickamauga August 21; arrived at Knoxville, Tenn., August 22, 1898
- Left Knoxville January 9, 1899; arrived at Savannah, Ga., January 10.
- Sailed from Savannah on steamship "Chester" January 27; arrived at Cieniuegos, Cuba, February 1
- changed station to Amaro, Department of Santa Clara, February 2 to 5.
- Company A changed station to Ploutas, Cuba, February 25
- Company F changed station to Remedios, Cuba, March 5
- Sailed from Cienfuegos on steamship "Thomas" April 13; arrived at Savannah quarantine April 16, and at Savannah, Ga., April 25
Mustered out of the service of the United states at Savannah May 17, 1899, with 46 officers and 991 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers---diedof disease, 2. Enlisted men-died ofdisease, 20; deserted, 18.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581