2nd Ohio Volunteer Infantry
2nd Ohio Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Columbus, Ohio, May 10 to June 30, l898, with 48 officers and 874 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, May 18
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, August 28
- Left Columbus May 16; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 18
- Left Chickamauga August 28; arrived at Knoxville, Tenn., same date
- Left Knoxville November 15; arrived at Macon, Ga., November 16, 1898
Mustered out of the serviee of the United States at Macon, Ga., February 10 to 15, 1899, with 50 officers and 1,163 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 14; deserted, 8.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581