2nd Missouri Volunteer Infantry
2nd Missouri Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Jefferson Barracks, Mo., May 12, 1898, with 45 officers and 943 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, May 22
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, November 10
- Transferred to Second Separate Brigade, Second Army Corps, January 16, 1899
- Left Jefferson Barracks May 19; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 22
- Changed station from Chickamauga to Lexington, Ky., August 27 and 28
- Left Lexington November 8; arrived at Albany, Ga., November 10
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Albany, Ga., February 27 to March 3, 1899, with 46 officers and 1,060 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 16; killed by accident, 1; drowned, 1; deserted, 44.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581