2nd Georgia Volunteer Infantry
2nd Georgia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Griffin, Ga., May 11 to 14, with 45 officers and 940 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps, May 25
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Third Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 11
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, July 24
- Changed station to Tampa, Fla., May 21
- Left Tampa August 18; arrived at Huntsville, Ala., August 21
- Left Huntsville September 21; arrived at Atlanta, Ga., September 22
- Furloughed for thirty days October 6 to November 5
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, and Rome, Ga., November 22 to December 8, 1898, with 45 officers and 989 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 15; deserted 24.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581