1st West Virginia Volunteer Infantry
1st West Virginia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Charleston, W. Va., May 7 to 14,1898, with 46 officers and 964 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, May 19
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, November 27
- Left Charleston May 16; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 19
- Left Chickamauga August arrived at Knoxville, Tenn., August 27
- Left Knoxville November 26; arrived at Columbus, Ga., November 27
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Columbus, Ga., February 4,1899, with 47 officers and 1,039 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 14; killed by accident, 1; deserted, 44.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581