1st Maine Volunteer Infantry
1st Maine Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Augusta, Me., May 10 to 26, 1898, with 46 officers and 979 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 31
- Left Augusta May 27; arrived at Chickamauga,Ga., May 31
- Left Chickamauga August 23; arrived. at Augusta, Me., August 27
- Furloughed for thirty days September 21
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Portland, Auburn, Augusta, Bridgeport, Rockland, Lewiston, and Brunswick, Me., October 25 to December 13, 1898, with 46 officers and 1,211 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 2. Enlisted men-died of disease, 39; deserted, 24.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581