160th Indiana Volunteer Infantry
160th Indiana Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered in at Indianapolis, Ind., May 12, 1898, with 50 officers and 973 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division. First Army Corps, May 18
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, 23 Aug
- Transferred to First Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, First. Army Corps, Nov 11
- Ordered to Chickamauga, Ga., May 13; arrived at Chickamauga May 18
- Left Chickamauga July 28; arrived at Newport News, Va., July 30
- Left Newport News August 21; arrived at Lexington, Ky., August 23
- Left Lexington November 10; arrived at Columbus, Ga., November 11
- First Battalion (Companies C, D, G, and H) left Columbus January 6, 1899; arrived at Charleston, S. C., January 8
- Sailed on steamship Saratoga January 8; arrived at Matanzas, Cuba, January 10.
- Second Battalion (Companies A, B, E. and F) left Columbus, Ga., January 15; arrived Charleston, S. C., January 16
- Sailed on steamship Saratoga January 17; arrived at Matanzas, Cuba, January 19.
- Third Battalion (Headquarters and Companies I, K, L, and M) left Columbus, Ga., January 24; arrived at Charleston, S. C., January 25
- Sailed on steamship Saraloga January 25; arrived at Matanzas, Cuba, January 28.
- Regiment left Matanzas, Cuba, on steamship Thomas March 28; arrived at quarantine March 29 and went into camp at Savannah, Ga., March 30.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Savannah, April 25, 1899, with 50 officers and 1,031 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 11; murdered, 1; d~rted, 15.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581