158th Indiana Volunteer Infantry
158th Indiana Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Indianapolis May 10, 1898. with 50 officers and 976 enlisted men.
- assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, May 18
- Left Camp Mount, Indianapolis, May 16; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 18
- Left Chickamauga August 25; arrived at Knoxville, Tenn., August 26
- Left Knoxville September 12; arrived at Indianapolis, Ind., September 14
- Furloughed for thirty days September 17.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Indianapolis November 4, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,223 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 10; deserted, 3.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581