157th Indiana Volunteer Infantry
157th Indiana Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Indianapolis May 10, 1898, with 50 officers and 972 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 4
- Left Indianapolis May 15; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 17
- Left Chickamauga June 2; arrived at Tampa, Fla., June 4
- Arrived at Fernandina, Fla., July 30; left Fernandina August 30
- Arrived at Indianapolis September 2
- Furloughed for thirty days September 10
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Indianapolis November 1, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,223 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Offi- cers-died of disease, 2. Enlisted men-died of disease, 16; killed by accident, 1; deserted, 3.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581