12th New York Volunteer Infantry
12th New York Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Peekskill, N. Y., May 13, 1898, with 43 officers and 978 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, May 20
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corps, November 15
- Left Peekskill May 17; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 20
- Left Chickamauga August 24; arrived at Lexington, Ky., August 25
- Left Lexington November 13; arrived at Americus, Ga., November 15
- Left Americus December 26 for Charleston, S. C.
- Sailed from Charleston on Steamship "Manitoba" December 30, 1898; arrived at Mantanzas, Cuba, January 1, 1899
- Companies A, B, H, and L changed station to Cardenas,Cuba, March 1; returned to Matanzas March 21
- Left Matanzas on steamship "Berlin" March 22; arrived at New York City March 26
Mustered out of the service of the United States at New York City April 20, 1899, with 46 officers and 945 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 23; killed by. accident 1; suicide, 1; deserted, 91.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581