Fort Travis (1)
Fort Travis (1) (1836-1844) - A Texas army post established in April 1836 at the end of the Texas Revolution as Fort Point (2) and later renamed Fort Travis after William B. Travis, commander at The Alamo. Abandoned in 1844 just before statehood.
Fort Travis (1) History
A Texas Army octagonal earthworks located at the eastern end of Galveston Island. Armed with 6 and 12-pounder cannons from the ship Cayuga.
Nothing remains at the site on the eastern tip of Galviston Island, Galveston County, Texas.