Fort Swift (1812-1815) - An American War of 1812 Fort established in 1812 in present day Brooklyn, Kings County, New York. Named Fort Swift after General Joseph G. Swift. Abandoned as a fortification in 1815 at the end of the war.
History of Fort Swift
Established in 1812 on the site of the Revolutionary War Fort Cobble Hill (aka Fort Corkscrew and Spiral Fort). This was a strong fortification, on a conical hill, back within the outer protective line around Brooklyn but situated to protect Fort Fireman and Fort Masonic.
Abandoned as a fortification in 1815 at the end of the war.
No remains. Site bordered by present day Atlantic Avenue, Court, Pacific, and Clinton Streets.