Fort Fraser (3)
Fort Fraser (3) (1806-1915) - A North West Company trading post/fort first established in 1806 on the edge of Lake Fraser near the present day town of Fort Fraser, British Columbia. Named after the explorer Simon Fraser who established the site in 1806. Became a Hudson's Bay Company post when the two companies merged in 1821. Abandoned in 1915. Also known as Simon Fraser's Fort and Fraser Lake Post.
Well marked site in Beaumont Provincial Park, British Columbia. A small roadside marker in the park commemorates Simon Fraser's founding visit to the site in 1806. A much larger interpretive sign is located further in the park at the site of the fort and a well defined path leads to the lake's edge. A squared log house/barn is on site but of uncertain origin.
Visited: 20 Jun 2014