Fort Dent (1855-187?) - Established by the Washington National Guard, Company B, 9th Infantry led by Frederick T. Dent and named after him. It was built during the Yakima Indian War as a blockhouse to protect settlers after the battle of Seattle. Ordered built by Territorial Governor Isaac Stevens. Frederick T. Dent became a Union colonel in the U.S. Civil War, and later an aide-de-camp to President Ulysses S. Grant. The fort was abandoned sometime before 1876.
Marker only. A King County park was created on the site in 1972 and the county operated the park until 2001 when ownership was transferred to the City of Tukwila.
Visited: 23 Aug 2015