A DAR Marker was placed on the south side of the old Pacific Coast Highway at the site of the stockade in front of a log house originally built in 1856. The log house was reportedly built of logs from the stockade of Fort Birdseye. The house lasted for over a hundred years and was restored in the 1980's only to burn down in 1990. The rebuilt version is shown above.
Visited: 28 Jun 2008