|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Anderson (1862-1862) (1864-1866)- First established May 1862 by Capt. Charles D. Douglas, 2nd California Infantry, as temporary protection from hostile Indians. Named after Col. Allen Latham Anderson (Cullum 1840), 8th California Infantry. Reestablished in February 1864 as Camp Anderson and finally abandoned 9 Aug 1866.
Location: About 27 miles northeast of Arcata, Humboldt County, California.
Maps & Images
Lat: 40.9712406 Long: -123.926125
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 60
- California Military Museum - Fort Anderson
- North American Forts - Fort Anderson
Fort Anderson Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!